Thursday, October 22, 2009

Seven Weeks

Norah is now seven weeks old. The past two nights she slept through the night again, so hopefully she'll keep up the good work! :)
She is still sleepy most of the day...


But is getting more alert, as you can see.


It is such a joy and privilege to take care of Norah. She is a precious gift from God! I was thinking the other day of how much Ray loves her, and how he wants to spoil her with his love and attention. He can't wait 'til she's old enough for him to buy her gifts, and to make her happy by buying her things (haha). But then that reminded of my heavenly father. He also has spoiled me with so many gifts that I don't deserve. Sometimes I feel guilty because I know I don't deserve anything, but then I thought what if Norah felt guilty and didn't want a gift from Ray? Woudln't that dishonor him? It's amazing that just as much as Ray would receive glory and joy from his child enjoying his gifts, that is the same with the Lord. He receives glory when I simply accept the gifts he's so generously given to me. When I receive his gifts, thank him, and acknowledge him as the giver of all good things, that brings glory to God. I don't deserve anything, but he's given me sooooo much. I am so sinful beyond even my own understanding, but God's love and generosity is also beyond my understanding. Thinking this way helps me to also accept trials from God's hand...because I can trust in his perfect love and his desire for me to be sanctified. (So, yes, even when my legs are covered with itchy eczema rashes, I CAN, by God's grace, rejoice because I have already been given so much!) =)

7 comments:

  1. seven weeks already!? wow. she's adorable. =)
    thanks for sharing your thoughts & heart re: God's gracious and manifold blessings. very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) thanks jane - rejoicing in thankfulness with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's too cute, man. I hope I can hold her one of these days.

    I, like you, am learning so much about God and the gospel through my role as a father. Praise God! Whoo!

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first picture is my favorite. It made me laugh. She's a cute kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss my niece! She is getting even cuter. Jane, I'm so thankful that the Lord is teaching you so much about Him thru Norah. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! I can totally see the PARK coming out in her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lesson in this post Jane! That's something I've recently learned too. Simply to receive His blessings and not feel so guilty when I do receive them. You're right! It gives all glory to Him and who am I to strip Him of His glory???

    ReplyDelete